Join NYC Parks & Recreation for The High Bridge Festival at Highbridge Park, on both the Manhattan and Bronx sides of the Harlem River 12:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.Saturday, July 25, 2015
The High Bridge Festival celebrates the historic reopening of the High Bridge, NYC's oldest standing bridge. This free event has something for everyone to enjoy. Activities include:
- Bridge Making Workshop by the Bronx Children’s Museum
- Walking tours of the High Bridge
- Puppet Mobile by CityParks Foundation
- Rowing instruction and demonstrations by the Harlem River Community Rowing
- Live entertainment presented by ZTE
- Kung Fu Panda 3 Photo Booth
- Scavenger hunt
- Kids’ obstacle course
- International food
- A special guest appearance by Dora The Explorer!
And don’t miss the SummerStage concert featuring Jose Peña Suazo y La Banda Gorda at 7:00 p.m. To ensure that everyone on both sides of the bridge can access the concert, the High Bridge will be open until 10:00 p.m. on the day of the festival.
The High Bridge Festival will also feature activities, performances, and information from more than a dozen community partners, including: Bike New York, Bronx Children’s Museum, Bronx Museum of the Arts, Circa ’95, City Parks Foundation, CLIMB, Cocolart, Five Borough Bicycle Club, Friends of the Old Croton Aqueduct, Harlem River Community Rowing, Highbridge Voices, Jenae Schwartz, Robleswrites Productions, Row New York, Unicycle Bridge Tour, Waterfront Alliance.
The High Bridge Festival is supported by ZTE, Fresh Direct, Emblem Health, FlatRate Moving, and Kung Fu Panda 3.