- Adding lighting throughout the park
- Installing water fountains
- Adding comfort stations (bathrooms)
- Updating playgrounds and adding outdoor fitness equipment for adults
- Improving pathways and increasing connectivity between the northern and southern ends of the park
- Adding benches
- Improving access to natural areas/trails, and fixing staircases
- Adding wayfinding signage in multiple languages
- Making park entrances that are more welcoming with greeting, gardens, and landscaping
Now the landscape architects are tasked with trying to accommodate as many of these suggestions as possible, within the footprint of the park and the project budget, in the proposed design.
Other proposals, such as improving maintenance and security, and increased publicity for public programming, will have to be addressed separately since they are outside the scope of a capital project. There will be Community Report Back Meeting in early 2017.
If you were unable to attend the meeting or you have some additional thoughts you’re in luck! You can still submit your ideas online here (https://www.nycgovparks.
org/planning-and-building/ capital-project-tracker/ project/8580) through . Click the green “Share Your Thoughts” button on the bottom left side of the page.
NYC Parks & Rec wants to hear from as many Highbridge Park users as possible. With your help, we can make sure that everyone has a chance to contribute to this effort. Please tell your friends, family and colleagues about this online form.
Please stay tuned for more details.